Taiwanese American Diversity Associates
1. The organization is named “Taiwanese American Diversity associates” abbreviated as “TADA”.
2. Taiwanese American Diversity Associates (hereinafter “TADA” was formed on March 18, 2006, by a group of Taiwanese Americans who, in their mutual feeling of love and nostalgia for Taiwan, wish to promote harmonious relationships and aid to those in the Taiwanese immigrant community.
3. The vision, principles and goals of TADA are;
(1) to create a benign community for Taiwanese Americans regardless of Race, Gender, age, creed, sexual orientation, disability or place of origin.
(2) to provide charitable assistance to needy persons or groups within the greater Community.
(3) for members to share their life and work experiences to improve quality of life amongst its members.
(4) and to enhance diversity, and openness and acceptance towards others, while standing up against injustice.
4. Any person that agrees with the vision, principles and goals of TADA, and possess love and caring for Taiwan will be welcome to join.
5. The highest governing decision - making body of TADA is the membership, who resolves issues by vote during the annual members meeting. The decisions are submitted to the executive committee, which consists of a chairperson and six executive committee members. The chairperson and executive committee execute the decisions of the membership and are responsible for the necessary work to carry out the decisions.
6. Since, TADA is newly established and in a transitional period, an ad hoc committee will elect the first chairperson. The first-term chairperson will serve for two years and select six members to form the executive committee, which will carry out the organizational work for TADA. Three of the executive committee members will serve a term of two years. The other three executive committee members will serve a term of three years. The terms given to the executive committee members in this first term will be determined by lottery.
7. Two years after the establishment of TADA, elections will be held for the executive committee members who have completed their terms. This process will continue yearly as the terms of committee members expire. Members will submit nominations to the executive committee. The nominating member is required to notify the nominee and receive consent for the nomination. No person can repeat a term as an executive committee member unless there are no other candidates. The members vote at an election during annual meeting to determine the executive committee members. Executive committee members serve a term of two years.
8. The chairperson is responsible for calling executive committee meetings. Dividing the work and assigning the responsibilities (deputy chairman, secretary, treasurer, community service, marketing, social events) amongst the executive committee members. The chairperson also acts as the representative of the organization in the event that one is required.
Two years after the establishment of TADA, an election will be held for the chairperson. Members will submit nominations for chairperson to the executive committee. The nominating member is required to notify the nominee for chairperson and receive consent for nomination. No person can repeat a term as chairperson unless there are no other candidates. The members vote to determine the chairperson at an election held during the annual meeting. The chairperson serve a term of one year.
9. TADA may create an honorary consultancy committee to help the executive committee resolve difficult or complex issues.
10. The Chairperson and executive committee will be required to present a progress report and financial report at the annual meeting.
11. If a member proposes that the by-laws are incomplete or unsatisfactory. The chairperson and executive committee will study and discuss the issue. Notify the honorary consultancy committee. And reach a decision regarding the amendment to the by-laws. The chairperson and executive committee will address the issue at the annual meeting. Where the members will vote on the proposed amendment to the by-laws. A vote of 50% of the members is required to amend a by-law.
Taiwanese American Diversity Associates.
第五條 本會以會員大會為最高決策機構，會員大會至少一年召開一次。 其決策由理事 會來執行，理事會由會長及六位理事組成。
第六條 本會剛成立過渡時期，第一屆會長由籌備委員互選產生，任期二年。 第一屆會 長推 舉六位理事來掌理會務。 六位第一屆理事中三位任期二年。
第七條 本會成立二年後，理事於每年會員大會中選出三位，任期二年，不能競選再任 (在沒有競者的情況下才可再任) 。會員於會員大會召開前向理事會提名理事候選人，提名人須事先知會候選人。
第八條 會長負責召開理事會，分配理事工作及任務 (副會長、祕書、財務、連絡、服務及藝術總監) ，並代表本會綜理會務。 本會成立二年後，會長於會員大會中選出，任期一年，不能競選再任 (在沒有競者的情況下才可再任)。 會員於會員大會召開前向理事會提名會長候選人，提名人須事先知會候選人。
第九條 本會得聘請熱心會員，擔任榮譽顧問來組成顧問團以供諮詢。 有必要時，由會長召集理事顧問聯席會議，來協調任何疑難議題。
The community service center